AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im currently a nyc time warner subscriber and have an analog cable box (general instruments cft 2200). i want to get a digital cable box. but what kinda inputs and outputs does it have? the analog box has coaxial input/output and composite.

well i have a standalone dvr (pioneer 640) to record my tv show and it needs composite. so my question is will the digital cable box also have composite? and what other inputs and outputs does it have, and what brand or model is it? links?

is any1 here from nyc and is using a digital cable box from twc in nyc? please let me know. thx in advance.

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniz /forum/post/0

You should get an SA 2000 series box. It will have coax, composite and S-Video. That is it.

how the hell will i get a HD program with the digital box u just describe above? the whole purpose of me getting a digital box is to get HD program. so dont u need to have HDMI port in order to get HD program?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
You will have to call your local TWC to see if they have enabled/updated the 3250HD to turn on the DVI port. Many have. Not all locations carry the same stuff.

TWC passes what they get for HD. If the program is broadcast in 480i you get it in 480i, 720p, you get it in 720p, ect.. There is no 1080p broadcast available anywhere in the USA as of yet. Blu-Ray is the only thing that has true 1080p available.

The SA8300HD can be ordered with two different sized hard drives if I remember correctly. Call TWC and ask which one they have.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
720p/1080i is broadcast HDTV. Your TV will be the determining factor. You either have an LCD based HDTV running at 720p, 768p or 1080p or you have a plasma running at 720p, 768p or possibly 1080p or you have a CRT based display running at 1080i.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentnyc /forum/post/0

im currently a nyc time warner subscriber and have an analog cable box (general instruments cft 2200). i want to get a digital cable box. but what kinda inputs and outputs does it have? the analog box has coaxial input/output and composite.

well i have a standalone dvr (pioneer 640) to record my tv show and it needs composite. so my question is will the digital cable box also have composite? and what other inputs and outputs does it have, and what brand or model is it? links?

is any1 here from nyc and is using a digital cable box from twc in nyc? please let me know. thx in advance.

I have the SA8300 DVR/HD box and the in/outputs are:

HDMI

component out (3 plugs, 2av outs)

coax out

coax in

optical audio out

digital audio out

componet video out and LR audio outs

FRONT OF set: "AUX" component video out and LRaudio inputs

hope this helps.

·
Banned
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtp2c1 /forum/post/0

I also wanted to state that i have the panny 42px6u and living in manhattan i got aboout 9 OTA HD channels with no antenna. sweet.

how do u get 9 OTA HD channel w/o antenna? i guess u need twc cable box then? is there any other way to get it for free? i would love to w/o paying cable. do i need an antenna then? my hdtv doesnt have an tv tuner though. i only have an analog cable twc cable box, and a pioneer dvr which has an tv tuner.

so can any1 let me know? thx in advance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.