AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Sharp XVZ-9000E European model has been tested....

After checking all possible signals, from HTPC,480P,576P,720P,480i and 576i the tester came to the following and very surprising result:

480i and 576i over YUV to the Civic internal scaler was the best possible combination!!! Better than HTPC or 480P/576P :eek:

No this seems to be very surprising but the actual tests showed that a normal interlaced signal showed the best results.

Now to my question (I have intentions to buy a Sharp):

What DVD-Player on the market has very good Audio and the best possible interlaced signal over YUV ??

I have following models in mind but would like to have some more suggestions...

- EAD TheaterVision I or P

- Proceed PDMT without PS board

- Meridian 596

- Arcam DVD-Player (can't remember model)

Obviously if there are other players from Sony,Panasonic,Kenwood, Pioneer, Denon and so on.............

BTW I own a Toshiba SD9000 right now and obviously would like to get better results both for audio and video.

+ the player has to pass "blacker than black"

Thanks.

Yes I have checked the posts and the player shootout on Secrets :D

·
Registered
529 Posts
Check out the California Audio Labs CL-2500 DVD, pretty awesome interlaced player. Audio is excellent as well. I use this player feeding the 480i signal to a Faroudja NRS 720P then to Sharp 9000. Picture quality is incredible. Very happy with this combo.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@Galdiator

The CAL-2500 isn't available in Switzerland :mad:

Most of the other brands can be bought.

Would it make sense to go with a EAD TVP, if I own an EAD TM Ovation (for the audio part)?

Thanks.

Anthony

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Too bad you can't get the Cal audio 2500 dvd player. I own one too. It's a great piece. Excellent sound quality as a stand alone player and the picture is exception as is the build quality.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.