AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
108 Posts
for ht duty i'd go 551r at around 1299$ (351r is cheaper but not as robust of an amp section.) It's over your budget of 500$-- but you have decent speakers. Pair them accordingly and you will be rewarded. 500$ in any brand is not going to get you what your speakers are capable of. No such thing as a magic bang for buck receiver out there that is going to beat the cambridge at this price for SQ.

I jump to this model and brand right away because you seem to think (correctly i might add) that brands of speakers compliment brands of amps etc. System matching will reward you big time. Someone right after me will tell you about a denon or onkyo or pioneer....... they are good, and I have owned them. But I also currently own mordaunt short mezzo 6's paired with an arcam amp, and have spent time with cambridge pairings at my local dealer too. You will have no regrets with the 551r. Resist the cheap feature filled receivers and you will be rewarded with great sound.

P.S. I don't even use audessey correction junk. not needed if speakers and placement are good.

Good luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see, you choose quality over features makes sense to me, well I also rely on my ears and not on such sound calibration/acoustic correction or whatever it is. well thanks to you sir,

It might take a while before I can buy the model that you recommended to me cause such top of the line amp/receiver sells overprice tags in my country, I'll be using my yamaha receiver for the time being.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.