AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Dish 500 and I want to add the HDTV satellite at 61.5. I have a Dishplayer 7100 right now, with hopes of getting a 6000 someday, but I can get Angel Network now if I could tap this additional satellite.

From what I read, I need the sw64 to tie three "birds" into one, but Dish Net wants $150 for it! Wow, it looks just like a signal combiner and a friend that works for the cable co says that it is. Will a $14 Radio Shack combiner do the job?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Unless you have 4 receivers, you do NOT need the SW64!!!! All you need for one receiver is a single SW21, which is under $15 at Dish Depot. If you have two receivers, just get another SW21 (that is, if you need 61.5 on both receivers).

I would stay with Dish switches, and not try another brand. The SW21s are cheap.

Bob

[This message has been edited by bpearse (edited 06-28-2001).]

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Cable splitters/combiners will not work with DBS systems. Your friend is wrong.

With Dish Network, use their switches only. I'm not an expert, but if you have one coax from the Dish500, all you'll need is the SW-21, as mentioned above.

With DirecTV, there are a number of brands of multiswitches that work fine.

Multiswitches combine more than one lnb signal (and/or antenna feed) for input on one cable to the receiver.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.