AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
In a nutshell, 2 way means that the remote receives as well as sends information. The most common example of this type of remote is the LCD remote that comes with many Sony A/V receivers. Of course the remote sends information to the receiver, but the receiver also sends information back to the remote (in this case, it will show things like the radio station, CD title, etc, on the the LCD screen of the remote).

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the prompt response guys. The "two way remote" in question is actually for my Sony receiver.

My first assumption about the meaning of "two way" was that the remote could receive info from the receiver. However, when I renamed a couple of the receicer inputs, the input selection menu on the remote didn't change to match the new settings, so I was not sure about my original assumption.

Mike,

I've been to the Remote Central site many times. Somehow I overlooked that glossary. Thanks for the link.

Regards

Steve

·
Registered
220 Posts
The remote should eventually change to reflect any changes you've made on the receiver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.