AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading many threads with reference to "Alcatraz" - what are then main features? What is the release schedule?

·
Registered
886 Posts
The only thing known about "Alcatraz" is what Replay has told us. Essentially it's a rebuild of the ReplayTV OS that is supposed to be as stable as a rock. Hence the name "Alcatraz" = The Rock. Officially it's known as version 5.1 of the Replay software. It will only go to 5000 and 5500 version replays. It's currently in Beta testing. No firm release date.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Features...

"The Rock" as ALcatraz was know is an island in the San Francisco bay. It was rumored you couldn't escape from "The Rock". There may have been a bug, I think some were able to escape.

It once was home to a federal prison that housed some of the country's worst criminals. There were also people who didn't really need to be there, see "murder in the first" good movie.

The island was also taken over by native Americans at one time as part of a protest.

Now the island is just a tourist spot.

There is no schedule or release schedule because "The Rock" was closed in the 40's.

What this has to do with the ReplayTV??!?!? I don't have any idea. But you could try to create a theme channel and see what you get. =)

·
Registered
14 Posts
So is the beta testing going on now???

Was there a signup for it???

Anyone here any rumors yet about it????

Maybe a release date????

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
You could search for Alcatraz.... The beta is going on, that's public knowledge. The beta signup also closed a long while back.

Since, AFAIK, the beta is not over, there is no release date.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkHat01
So is the beta testing going on now???

Was there a signup for it???

Anyone here any rumors yet about it????

Maybe a release date????
Yes...Beta Testing is in progress

Yes.... There was a signup which has been closed

I can't say anything esle other than that.........

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Two minds with a single thought... :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
I actually find their choice of 'Alcatraz' somewhat funny, since today Alcatraz is an old, crumbling mess of a place. :)

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
If I knew what the beta testers know, I couldn't tell you. And if I wasn't a beta tester, how would I know what to tell you?

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Paco II
I actually find their choice of 'Alcatraz' somewhat funny, since today Alcatraz is an old, crumbling mess of a place. :)
And you can't escape from it....

·
Registered
6,497 Posts
As long as "Alcatraz" isn't the code name for "Okefenoke" :D

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff D
And you can't escape from it....
And it's covered with, um, guano, yeah, *guano*, *that's* it! :)

I think we're supposed to think of it as in the good ol' days, when cons were cons and the Rock was the Rock....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.