AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the current best business XGA LCD projector for HT? DVD watching only with no light, no TV. I do not want a DLP.

Canadian list prices for the TW100 (CAN$6700) AE300 ($4000) HS10 ($6000) etc. are ridiculous and there does not seem to be much of a discount. Street prices for XGA business LCDs are CAN $3000 or less and in line with US street prices.

The Panasonic 75u seems to be well regarded on this forum.

There does not seem to much talk about other LCD business machines.

The Epson 73C has 500:1 contrast, MLA and 1500 Lumens but only 1500 hour lamp life. Is anyone using it?

The NEC VT 540 was well regarded at one time. Is anyone using its successors, the VT 560 or 660 ? The SVGA VT460 has MLA. I do not know if the other 2 have it? At the bottom of the VT 560 spec sheet at Projector Central it says "Beautiful display of data and video." Is this advertising or PJ Central's opinion?

I have an ISCO anamorphic lens, so I can use the whole panel. I would get an external scaler/deinterlacer, if needed. I want this to last a couple of years, until the rate of impovement in HT machines slows a little.

Or should I just forget this and order a proper HT projector mail order from our American brethren.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.