AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find many places advertising them online, but have found 2 or 3 in the $5500 range. These are not "authorized" internet dealers, will Pio truly void your warranty if you buy from them (that would make the extended service contract a must I would assume)? My local authorized retailer got them in yesterday and hopes to have one on display tomorrow or next day but he didn't know prices yet. I've narrowed my choice to this vs. Mits 65711 which I've found for around $4000, so I'm hoping to get a steal on the Pio to make my decision easier.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
What does the 712 have that the 711 dosen't? I checked out a new pioneer and was impressed with the Pro mode options. SVM, edge sharpness (something like that), flesh tone, black level enhancement, LTI (luminance Transient Improvement), and even WHITE BALANCE in the USER menu! wow. You can either select 480p or 1080i upconvert for 480p sources. I was impressed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachelor
What does the 712 have that the 711 dosen't? I checked out a new pioneer and was impressed with the Pro mode options. SVM, edge sharpness (something like that), flesh tone, black level enhancement, LTI (luminance Transient Improvement), and even WHITE BALANCE in the USER menu! wow. You can either select 480p or 1080i upconvert for 480p sources. I was impressed.
Did you see the r values for the colors? They looked like service mode settings to me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Tom, I have been following your posts on your new 530. I currently have a MITS55711, but am considering trading for a 530 and purchasing a Samsung T151 HDTV decoder. Also if you have the info available from some of the questions ask on the forum, can you tell me where the tv was manufactured and when. This should be on a placard of some sort on the back of the TV. I you have the TV enclosed in a cabinet of some sort thoug, don't bother. It would be more trouble than its worth. I know my MITS was bult in Mexico, NOV 2002.

Thanks, Lon

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'll check tonight and reply in the review thread, sorry it is taking so long, I forgot about till you reminded me in this thread!

·
Registered
37 Posts
92HOO,

You will not be able to purchase an extended warranty on any product if the original manufactures warranty has been void. Nuf said.:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.