AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for what i found out in My search for the Ultimate Home Theater Projector for me! was a couple of Good Projectors!!!!!

1. Optoma H55, $4400

2. NEC LT150z, $3300

3. Plus Piano, $2900

This are all DLP Projectors coz thats what ive been told is the best for home cinema and such....

So what i want to know from you guys is: What Projector is The Best And Most Worth My money???????

coz i will spend 4k on the Optoma if it is Really That Good!!!! But if The NEC is about the same, why not buy it and save 1k :)

So please if you could tell me which is Better and WHY????????????

I know i ask alot of questions.... but thats coz im a Newbie! ;) i promise as soon as i get my projector installed i will cut down to one question a day :D

Thanks For Your Help!!!!!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well, I was asking myself the same questions six months ago. To put it simply : if you have enough room in your home theater, You should maybe go and check the picture quality of a retubed crt. Much less expensive and far far better. No dead pixels, no spots on the picture, no bulbs...But of course if you have seen what a crt can output, you don't need my advice. If you're interested in getting fair information, go to http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...-11-2001.html.

Pay particular attention to the 'performance' section of the article. You can get the same high-end professional quality for about $ 3000. (with warranty)

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Quote:
This are all DLP Projectors coz thats what ive been told is the best for home cinema and such....
Please make sure that you are not bothered by rainbows before you purchase a Dlp.You may also be interested in the HP XB31.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
CRT has a better image but you will have to go with a used pj. All you have to do is check out the CRT forum to see what kind of experiences are to be had in setting up a CRT. I don't recommend a used CRT for anyone that does not have a technical background, unless of course you enjoy playing around with high voltage power supplies, tracking down rare parts, etc. On the other hand you might get lucky. A tweaked DLP projector can come close to 7" CRTs and is a lot easier to setup.

·
Premium Member
24,820 Posts
The H55 is brighter, quieter, and has better contrast than the NEC and is plug-and-play with xlnt internal video processing.

The HP XB31 is between in price, and video processing I think, with even better contrast.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
But What I Asked Was... Which One Should I Buy out of those 3 projectors?

I am 90% that ill buy a DLP! maybe ill go for a Great LCd but not CRT for sure!!! i heard from people those 3 projectors are The best right now for home cinema! but if someone knows of a better one please infrom me... and tell me WHY.... Thanks alot! :D

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
If you listed 50 projectors, and asked 50 people what the best one was, there's a good chance you would get 50 different answers. The point being, there is no definitive answer. You must view these projecors, and decide for yourself. Sorry, but that's the best answer you're going to get.

·
Registered
726 Posts
I think the final use should be heavily considered. If a person played a lot of games, wouldn't that rule out a CRT? Also any media such as cable where they keep a branding logo in the corner would have to be avoided, right?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
You really need to LOOK at the projector first.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I would get the NEC or the Plus depending upon what I wanted to spend.

I'd probably go with the NEC because it's native 1024x768, light output is greater and so is the contrast.

If I'm going to pay for a projector that around $3000 MSRP, I want it to be 1024x768 native.

I also would want the bulb to have a rating of at least 2000 hours.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
As I asked you in a previous thread... Do you have light control in your room... What image size are you after... Are you prepared to 'tweak' eg hushbox / lenses / etc... Are you looking for plug and play simplicity for simple image or or you the kind of person who is looking at this as an ever changing hobby... Have you seen a DLP and do you suffer from rainbows... Is PC gaming on the agenda... Will you watch this as a TV (eg does cheap lamps become important)..

If you want meaningful answers then we need some kind of idea as to what you are doing... A dedicated basement theater will be very different from a bright room TV and game box...

Give us a clue and we will try and help...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Crazy-Shadow, I'm probably evaluating purchase of a DLP PJ along the same lines as you are right now. Things to be aware of when it comes the Piano is: only 1000hrs/bulb, no zoom function - u need to position it at the excact right spot away from your screen, and only 450ANSI Lumens. Other than that it seems to be an excellent HT PJ.

I would have looked at the the InFocus Home Screenplay 110 as well (or one of the PJs based on this one). I demoed a Toshiba version of it and was stunned by it PQ.

Regards,

Clint.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.