AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what the current hot software out there for downloading shows to my PC is. I tried DVarchive and in the past have had stability problems with the java OS on my XP machine. I would also like software that allows me to dump pictures on to my RTV.

Thanks for any suggestions and their respective websites.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where can i download this mysterious qvision? Actually that was what I was looking for, but couldn't remember the name.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by andrewvanh
I would like to know what the current hot software out there for downloading shows to my PC is. I tried DVarchive and in the past have had stability problems with the java OS on my XP machine. I would also like software that allows me to dump pictures on to my RTV.

Thanks for any suggestions and their respective websites.
You may want to try DVA again - V2.0a is a substantial change, especially if you last were running a pre-V2.0 version of DVarchive. Be sure to hav an update-to-date version of Java installed (that helps a lot :)

Starting in DVA V2.1, it also will support managing the photo partition.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
You should also check out WinReplayPC . I used an older version of it some time ago and it worked well. Currently, I'm using DVArchive 2.0 and love the GUI, but I don't know if it's as fast at straight downloading (I get about 1300 Kbits/sec) as WinReplayPC.

Tim

·
Registered
582 Posts
You can find Qvision and RePhoto (an neat way to transfer photos to your RTV unit) from Virtual 4K where you will find links to most of the files available for RTV utilities.

You can find WinReplyPC on Rich's site

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tluxon
You should also check out WinReplayPC . I used an older version of it some time ago and it worked well. Currently, I'm using DVArchive 2.0 and love the GUI, but I don't know if it's as fast at straight downloading (I get about 1300 Kbits/sec) as WinReplayPC.

Tim
Howdy,

All things being equal, DVA xfers files the same speed as any of the ReplayPC wrapper programs. I've run the tests and the reality is that even at the fastest speed, it's not so fast it really taxes the computer. The limiting factor is almost always the RTV and/or network.

With my 4080 turned off and not doing anything (no recording), I can get sustained download speeds of 2.66MB/sec with DVA. With WinReplayPC, I get about the same (+/- 1KB/sec).

Just FYI

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can download QVision is at HTTP://QTech.tv .

I know I have have not been around lately, but I work for a Cable company that has just gone from 30 employees to 800 and no customers to 330,000 customers. So you can imagine what work is like. We have been working long long days and nights for a couple on months now. I will be back when things get back to normal.

Quentin
HTTP://QTech.tv

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.