AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I am stuck in a bit of a mind boggle here. I cant decide what matters most to me, sound or picture. I am thinking of selling my ht for a new tv, but I don't know how much to sell it for. my set up is a yamaha rx v2500 with athenas f2s front, asc1 center and b1x4 for rears with a svs pb10. My systen is no more than 6months old. I also would sell my current tv being a sony 36hs420 which is less than a year old.Everything is in top notch condition. Obviously I won't be able to sell everything at retail price so what do you think my system could be worth? How much would you sell it for? Reason for selling has a lot to do with space. I would like to buy a killer tv and perhaps buy a really good sub/sat system or something smaller than what I currently have. I may be moving and so far, places we have seen make it difficult for my setup and I can't imagine the hassle of carrying that tv around. So help me out guys, what do you think and what would you advise me to do?

what matters most to you, picture or sound?

·
Registered
14,091 Posts
What about a front video projector? I think you can get a decent one for $1000 - big image, small size. If you just bought your system, all you're going to do is lose a bunch of money. Unless you really do just want smaller.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, I thought about it and not always will I have light control durring the day. I really want to sell my tv so I need something to replace everything I used it for being, tv, dvd and games.

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
Just check ebay and the other boards (audiogon, etc) to get current used pricing on your equipment.

Pay it no mind, just sell the stuff off methodically. Maybe try Craigslist.org first.

I would recommend nice smallish bookshelf speakers on stands, as opposed to satellites.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
i am not sure about the tv but your receiver would probably sell for 50% of the retail price,and the speakers would sell for about 50-60% of what you paid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.