AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not talking about the 2ft rotunda window stuff, I'm talking about the red covering on the wall?

It looks awesome, very theater-like!

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yes, htmarket.com. Check the lighting section.

They can get very expensive quick. a 2ft section is based at $900 and add the sky muraland its another $500 I think.

4ft and 6ft sections get into the 2K-4K range.

·
Registered
573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmalloc /forum/post/18187888

yes, htmarket.com. Check the lighting section.

They can get very expensive quick. a 2ft section is based at $900 and add the sky muraland its another $500 I think.

4ft and 6ft sections get into the 2K-4K range.

With stars and the planet the total is $2,286. Yes they are cool looking but that is over priced. China needs to start duplicating these and sell them for a few hundred bucks.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol definitely agree to that.

that planet looks awesome, in pics.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I think I could make those portholes. The painting part is the easy part but I would have to figure out where to buy or how to make the round trim. I can make them without the fiber optics. If you want to try your hand at making a moon or planets here is how you can do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RujSl...eature=related

Checkout other Space Paintings on youtube to learn how to do planets and other things. Very cool. I have alot of fun making these paintings.

That's not me doing the moon. Youtube is were I learned how to do these type of paintings.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are actually curved though, not paintings. I know perspective wise you can do 3D'ish stuff, but if you look at the drawings for those rotunda - they have depth to them. That's probably why they have that padded velour around it.

·
Registered
573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestmoonstudio /forum/post/18192576

I think I could make those portholes. The painting part is the easy part but I would have to figure out where to buy or how to make the round trim. I can make them without the fiber optics. If you want to try your hand at making a moon or planets here is how you can do it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RujSl...eature=related

Checkout other Space Paintings on youtube to learn how to do planets and other things. Very cool. I have alot of fun making these paintings.

That's not me doing the moon. Youtube is were I learned how to do these type of paintings.

What about the round things they sell that goes on ceilings for light fixtures? I dont remember what they are called, but they are in the molding aisle at hd and lowes. You could cut out the center which would leave you a ring.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you make some please sell to us for like $500

1 - 11 of 11 Posts