AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL anyone looked at their site lately? I returned the gold system when I got it for 400 bucks now they think they can squeeze 1100 bucks out of people? The only thing in the system worth anything is the satellites and they definitely aren't worth 1100 bucks. I don't even think they are worth 129 a piece they are asking for them.
I do wish now that I would have kept my 400 dollar system though, it's apparently the only audio equipment that actually appreciates.

One word:

wow

·
Registered
106 Posts
Yeah, it's a bit shocking. The set did retail for $799 when it was first released at BB. I think they were selling the satellites online previously for $70 each too. I was going to buy some extras to make my sets 6.1, but I passed, and $129 for each satellite is too rich for my blood.

Maybe the rave reviews here helped to bump up the price. To think, I simply was attracted to the system because of the cool packaging, seeing that smiling picture of Quincy Jones and the neat blue light on the subwoofer made me say, "Hey, that looks neat!" But then part of me thought it was a gimmick, and maybe a lousy system. I'm so glad I checked here to see what a great system it was before I jumped!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.