AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone played with the different brands and found a favorite for their Samsung LCD?
I am looking for a pair without the tint, more of a clear lens which does not make the picture look darker.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
I suggest you go into the 3D Display thread (go up a level in the 3D forum--you'll see it). There is a sticky at the top of the forum page about 3DTVs and glasses. That said, I know of no glasses that do not have a tint. That said, some glasses have better contrast than others making the image blacks more black and the whites less grey. You are probably stuck with the glasses that came with the TV. Try searching shutterglasses for your Samsung TV on Amazon. You might find a different pair that has great reviews.

To counteract the loss of brightness when in 3D mode, most TVs have a User mode that can be adjusted for 3D viewing. Try setting up a user mode on your Samsung while watching a 3D movie and adjust contrast and brightness until it looks good. You'll probably need to lower the room lighting though for the best image. Once you have the best picture possible save it as a user setting, and then you can switch to that setting when in 3D, and watch normal 2D using another standard setting on the TV. Once you adjust for 3D, you'll find the image is probably too bright and washed out looking for 2D when you take your glasses off--that's normal. That's why you need different settubgs for 2D and 3D.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.