AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All-

I'm sure this question has been asked but looking for maybe something more current-

I'm looking for a clock/radio like the Logitech Squeezbox or the Bose Wave System-

Can anyone make any recommendations for either, or offer up a better solution? I have a sonus multiroom system, etc but want something that believe it or not has just a simple alarm clock.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Actually, I don't think that has been asked before . . .

I have a Bose Wave system for a clock radio, and I use the AUX RCA jacks on the back to pipe internet-radio into it. I don't know if that is physically feasible for you, as analog audio would need to be available at the location.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkHotchkiss /forum/post/20809586

Actually, I don't think that has been asked before . . .

I have a Bose Wave system for a clock radio, and I use the AUX RCA jacks on the back to pipe internet-radio into it. I don't know if that is physically feasible for you, as analog audio would need to be available at the location.

Thanks for reply Mark.

Actually the Bose one I'm looking at has streaming built into it via wi-fi. Is this what you are referring to? It sounds like what I'm looking for, but the cost is really high.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Well, no. I have one of the first wave radios (before they had CDs), and it has an AUX input in the back. I have one of my old streamers outputting analog audio into the Bose, and the Bose set to play the AUX input instead of the radio. So when it comes on in the morning, it plays whatever is streaming (usually an internet station).

·
Registered
Yamaha TSR700 (Bose 301II’s), DirecTV 4K, Apple TV 4K, Philips 4K BDP, LG 75” Nanocell
594 Posts
Chumby. The Dash uses the Chumby platform, as does the Insignia Infocast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.