AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be a good demo dvd scene for ... you know ... girls.

The last girl who I demo-ed my theater to left in the middle of the Omaha beach scene of "Saving Private Ryan" and won't return my calls, and I don't think I can handle such rejection again. Love is so confusing.

:eek:

I just picked up Hannibal, that has a love story right?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Ummm, you really want... advice???? You're sure?

Suggestion from a "girl": play her favorite movie. Really.

You know...girls are into the movies, not the digital bits.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Hmm.

Since I'm female maybe I can help.

1. Entrapment - Sean Connery and Catherina Zeta Jones

2. Miss Congeniality - Sandra Bullock and Benjamin Bratt

3. Fatal Attraction - an oldie but goodie - Glen Close and Michael Douglas

4. Gladiator - Russell Crowe

5. The World Is Not Enough - Pierce Brosnan - Bond, James Bond

6. Monsters Inc. - Disney/Pixar animation

7. Shrek - Dreamworks animation

8. Remember The Titans - Denzel Washington

9. Shawshank Redemption - Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman

10. The Thomas Crown Affair - Pierce Brosnan

These are just a few movies that I like.

The top three from this list that I recommend are:

1. Entrapment

2. The Thomas Crown Affair

3. Shawshank Redemption

Almost anything with Pierce or Denzel.

Who is her favorite actor/actress?

Also, how old is this female might determine what movies too!

Just a warning, "Fatal Attraction" and "The Thomas Crown Affair" have some nudity in it.

In my opinion, if I was just starting to date a guy and we watched "The Thomas Crown Affair" or "Fatal Attration" someone might get uncomfortable.

I just wanted to warn you.

It depends on the people watching those movies of course.

It also depends up what kinds of movies she likes.

Action, drama, comedy, etc.

My Dad even told me that "Saving Private Ryan" showed a bunch of guts.

I still haven't seen that one yet!

·
Registered
763 Posts
How about, A Bugs Life or Beauty and the Beast. My girlfriend loves those two movies. I've found that females tend to enjoy eye candy and the males tend to love the special effects and the bass shaker scenes.

-T.Wells

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Moulin Rouge! Nice mushy love story, great music, dancing, period costuming, etc.... And my my wife says "Ewen McGregor is so HOT in this movie!" Plus audio and visually it'll show off your your goods if that happens to notice.

Or you could just run some frequency sweeps and let her sit by the sub. :D

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by XFactor

Try Orgazmo. It's worked well for me on multiple occasions ;)
Hmm. Multiple Organzmos?

Perhaps Dracula Superbit?

·
Registered
146 Posts
The Princess Bride is an absolutely fabulous movie. I'm always amazed by the number of people who have not seen it.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
How about "Hackers" 1995 and on disc there is only one girl in it Angelina Jolie, the rest are guys like Jonny Lee Miller.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) There is a love scene in the pool on top of Kate Libbys moms place. They see their user names Crash and Burn on some buildings and after discussing dreams they start to undress in the pool, but that's at the 'end' of the movie. The camera moves away to just show a lighted pool then fade to black with ending music.
:)

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
What about a scene or two from Ocean's 11? There you have George Clooney AND Brad Pitt and there is a scene or two with explosions, etc....

Peace.....

·
Registered
272 Posts
I had a girlfriend that would rarely sit through a movie, or would fall asleep, but she really did like a nice music dvd. A side benefit is that since there is no plot to follow, and if the music is nice and puts her "in the mood", you can still enjoy the music and develop your own plot. heheheh....knowwhatImean?

Don't know your music interests or age level, but Eric Clapton Unplugged, James Taylor at the Beacon, Eagles-Hell Freezes Over, Diana Krall, Sade seemed to be nice for romance. You better watch Nine Inch Nails with the guys, it would probably have the same effect as your first disaster!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I say, play movies you like, and let them walk out, cuz then you can keep looking and find a gal who is into stuff along the same lines as you.

Meaning, of course, that if a woman who is impressed by TV is important to you, then she best be impressed by what you like to watch.

Worked for me.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Where oh where is fancy bred?

In the heart or in the head?

Also is it mixed in Dolby Digital or DTS, and is it anamorphic?

She was beautiful, big sad eyes, that had seen too much from the full-screen side of town. I showered her with HD, and payperview... I guess it was never meant to be...

(He turns and walks alone down the empty street, backlit by the streetlight. A saxophone plays...)

(Fade)

·
Registered
728 Posts
"Where oh where is fancy bred?"

Hmmm- now which "Merchant of Venice" was this from...

(There has never been a theatrical sound version of "Merchant of Venice" in English... however there is a Maori version coming up soon...)

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I seem to remember having to watch Merchant of Venice in high school english class. It was one of those PBS-London import movies staring Sir Laurence Olivie(sp?).

·
Registered
728 Posts
" It was one of those PBS-London import movies staring Sir Laurence Olivie(sp?)."

Yup, one of several TV productions, this starred Olivier as *******, and Joan Plowright as Portia. Set in Edwardian England, and produced by ATV, usually known for somewhat lower-brow fare.

Never released theatrically. (For you "Star Wars" completists, Denis Lawson plays "Launcelot Gobbo".)

All that being said, "Shakespeare in Love" is a great "chick" flick, with literacy and wit for those who wish for such things. Visually beautiful, and well crafted. Not much in the way of explosions, though...

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well it does start out with torture and extortion, at least that is something...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Of the movies my wife really likes, the 2 that come to mind as most theater-show-offy are Mask of Zoro and Six Days, Seven Nights.

Sometimes, she will be as into the action stuff as me, but only if it's also funny. So Jackie Chan = good. True Lies = good. War = Extremely BAD.

You might also get by with Braveheart. As bloody as it is, most girls I know like it quite well.

Alton

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.