AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Personally, I'm a fan of the last Sony KDS-A3000 Series HDTV's, but what do you guys think? I loved the picture on that. I want your opinions.

·
Registered
4,839 Posts
Mitsubishi DLP's

·
Registered
5 Posts
Investigate the Optical Block issue with those TVs on this forum, as well as Google. I would recommend steering clear of Sony's rear projection. Mine has been malfunctioning since Dec. 2009, not with the OB issue, but no power. I'm so familiar with my Sears technician, I don't even have to be home for him to work on it...I just leave him the key.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well after having my 73837 for a couple days now I'd definitely give it a thumbs up. It's plenty bright and plenty big. I'd say anything from Mitsubishi's XX837 series.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Hello,

Sony has not offered a RPTV for almost 3 years. However, the A3000 was one of the highest rated HDTV's regardless of technology when it was available. Most A3000's have actually been reliable, but a few have required OB replacements. I realize some believe it is just a matter of time before more A3000's fail as hours go up on these units. However, I am optimistic and is still the best looking TV I have ever owned.

At this point, Mitsubishi and maybe Samsung are the only Brands still offering RPTV's that are readily available. Mitsubishi is definitely still promoting them.

However, Mitsubishi's have not been that reliable as well with some requiring Color Wheel replacements and other issues.. I must say, most Panels have been trouble free.

Cheers,

AD

1 - 5 of 5 Posts