AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to purchase a hd satellite receiver with dvi output on it. WHat is the best receiver out there now that does dvi and possibly has more options and in terms of performance than any other receiver with dvi!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I suggest you choose the satellite programming provider (EchoStar or DirecTv) first. Then you can get a more focused answer.

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Dish has no DVI at this time. DirecTV has the Zenith/Sony (same box), and Samsung. As far as best, read the topics at the top of the page and decide for yourself.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I meant for Direct Tv and I just want some advise on people that have either the Samsung,Zenith or Sony hd receiver and tell me which one they fell performs the best! Is the pq the same on all of them do any of them have more features than the rest! Also does each of these receivers have bugs that need ironing out!

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
PQ is all about the same, they all have bugs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I like the Sony SAT-HD200 right now. I seem to have had more problems with the Samsung. I have yet to use the Zenith but I know that they also make the Sony. The Sony has a little more flexibility over the video output resolution. The Samsung does have a toslink fiber and a digital coax out, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.