AVS Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm returning my VT30 next week, as it suffers heavily from IR and FBr, and now I'm wondering which TV to buy to "replace" it! I'm looking for a LCD/LED TV, with LOW input lag, as I'm a gamer. And by low input lag, I mean without game mode enabled (as it ruins the picture). I also watch a lot of movies, so I hope you have some recommendations for the best gaming and movie LCD/LED out there!

- Low input lag (without enabling game mode)

- Good black level

- Good picture quality

- 46-55"

Any ideas?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
As was said, the best picture quality LCDs out there seem to have the worst lag.

I used to game on a Panasonic plasma, and it was so dull and washed, dithering all over, that I gave up the good response times for the visual improvement with a Samsung LED LCD set, a D6050.

Some lag is there, but I instantly adjusted to it. A few melee hits and a few reloads and I was back on par with my usual performance. It seems completely normal to me now. My brain adjusted to that 35ms difference I guess.

The set looks absolutely stunning. Accurate color, super bright, and the blacks are inky when sitting at a good angle. Light output, color accuracy, and a depth to the picture that my Panasonic S1 couldn't even come close to producing. In fact the contrast and depth of field is so good looking, I almost want to replay many of my games to see what I was missing.

Here is the 46" version's review:

http://www.hometheater.com/content/s...0-led-lcd-hdtv

·
Registered
376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf4k /forum/post/20849237

As was said, the best picture quality LCDs out there seem to have the worst lag.

I used to game on a Panasonic plasma, and it was so dull and washed, dithering all over, that I gave up the good response times for the visual improvement with a Samsung LED LCD set, a D6050.

Some lag is there, but I instantly adjusted to it. A few melee hits and a few reloads and I was back on par with my usual performance. It seems completely normal to me now. My brain adjusted to that 35ms difference I guess.

The set looks absolutely stunning. Accurate color, super bright, and the blacks are inky when sitting at a good angle. Light output, color accuracy, and a depth to the picture that my Panasonic S1 couldn't even come close to producing. In fact the contrast and depth of field is so good looking, I almost want to replay many of my games to see what I was missing.

Here is the 46" version's review:

http://www.hometheater.com/content/s...0-led-lcd-hdtv

You had the 50S1 right? I remember the old S1 owner's thread where almost all the posts were regarding making picture adjustments in the service menu. lol

Anyways, I too replaced my S1 as the reflections were the worst of any display I've ever used. I replaced it with a Sony 60NX810 and have no regrets.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnswer_03 /forum/post/20855411

You had the 50S1 right? I remember the old S1 owner's thread where almost all the posts were regarding making picture adjustments in the service menu. lol

Anyways, I too replaced my S1 as the reflections were the worst of any display I've ever used. I replaced it with a Sony 60NX810 and have no regrets.

Yes, your correct. That generation of Panasonic Plasmas had some trouble in the light output department, as well as white balance and color accuracy problems.

It was the first generation of NeoPDP panels....and they were terrible, IMO.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
If input lag is your main concern, I would then suggest a Toshiba. They offer 17ms input lag, which is very good from my understanding.

I game on a Toshiba LED & don't even notice lag. I play FPS, Sports Games & kinect games (XBOX 360)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFJ 96 /forum/post/20862649

If input lag is your main concern, I would then suggest a Toshiba. They offer 17ms input lag, which is very good from my understanding.

I game on a Toshiba LED & don't even notice lag. I play FPS, Sports Games & kinect games (XBOX 360)

What about PQ, and which model is recommended for gaming?

·
Registered
1,983 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jul1anr1k /forum/post/0

What about PQ, and which model is recommended for gaming?

I have their Local Dimming Model (2009) SV series. The PQ is great. For gaming I believe all their models are recommended because they have a game mode.

Also settings are adjustable in game mode.

Are you in the USA?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.