AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically I've been out of the loop on HDTV's for a while. The last one I had was a Sony 46 inch XBR2 but unfortunately lost it about a year ago due to a significant house fire. Now finally things are back up and running again and I really wan to get the best possible product possible. From doing a very little amount of reading so far it seems like Samsung's B8500 is the king right now but once again I haven't done too much research. Any input would be appreciated thanks in advance.

·
Registered
161 Posts
From everything that I've seen and tested, the Samsung B8500 was the most impressive and hit me with an "awe" factor. This is a subjective thing though, so you might feel differently.

Good luck in your search.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have to agree with Panda, the PQ on the Samsung B8500 really grabbed my attention and never let go. It's an LCD but with a twist; it's actually an LED LCD with something called backlit local dimming and the effect is very impressive. I considered the 55 inch Sony (I think it's the XBR8) which is also very nice but would not fit in my opening due to the extensions on the sides. I did some other comparisons, but once I saw the 8500 it was pretty much over because I saved over a grand on the cost and got 3 years with zero interest from BB.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok true this is most of what I expected to hear. I won't be making this purchase for a couple of months so what's the best new things coming out. Has Sony announced their 2010 lineup yet?

·
Banned
1,244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDONTKNOW123 /forum/post/18306757

Ok true this is most of what I expected to hear. I won't be making this purchase for a couple of months so what's the best new things coming out. Has Sony announced their 2010 lineup yet?

Yes they did. They will be releasing a newer back-lit LED (HX900) this summer. Ironically it may be one of the very few "affordable" newer back-lit LED.

·
Registered
181 Posts
For this year you have:

LG LE8500

LG LE9500

Sony HX900

Vizio XVT Pro

My prediction is the best pq will come from either the LG LE9500 or the Sony HX900. However, Sony still uses the odd screen sizes so the largest will be a 52" vs. the LG's 55". So, that may sway you to the LG. If your main concern is size the Vizio will release a 72" priced at the same price point as these other tvs or lower.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would agree that the B8500 is probably the best, but even though its conventional LCD, I still really loved the Z5100 & XBR9 from Sony

1 - 9 of 9 Posts