AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several modes on this plasma TV. I just received it yesterday and I want to do a proper break in before I get the professional calibration.

Currently I am just watching .mkv movies in full screen and 30 minutes nightly on NBC with Jay Leno. I am currently putting it in THX mode. Is this a good mode for the break in 100 hours period.

By the way, what is the "mll" problem that everyone is talking about?

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancomycin /forum/post/20779091

There are several modes on this plasma TV. I just received it yesterday and I want to do a proper break in before I get the professional calibration.

Currently I am just watching .mkv movies in full screen and 30 minutes nightly on NBC with Jay Leno. I am currently putting it in THX mode. Is this a good mode for the break in 100 hours period.

The picture mode doesn't matter much, i think it's more to do with overall screen brightness which is determined by the Contrast setting. It's been said that if the light output is set lower then it takes longer to age the panel.

A better way to age the panel would be to run a slideshow of the "break-in images" from an SD card or USB stick for a total of 100 hours, using Custom mode with the Contrast max'd out at 100 when you're not actually watching the TV. Do not use these settings when watching content - it's just for the color slides.

Quote:
By the way, what is the "mll" problem that everyone is talking about?

The VT30 doesn't have an MLL problem. That was on some older models.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.