Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys -

I need to mount an HS20 on the ceiling and I am looking for a mount.

Could you help me find the best mount for the HS20?

Requirements:

- Look good.

- Can move Up - Down - Rotate at least 90degree.

- Did I mentioned look good?

- Money is no issue.

Thank for your help,

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I am pretty sure there are only two options: the Sony one and the Cheif one that AVS sells...I am not 100% on this though...

·
Registered
23 Posts
there's also a place called perfect mount (I think it's perfectmounts.com) that sells very minimalist aluminum mounts.

I bought one and it works just fine - at much less money than other mounts I've seen.

it lets you rotate the projector in all dimensions; mine doesn't move up and down (ie: shift entire body of projector) but I believe they have extension kits that may do that.

there's another thread on perfect mounts that I started a while ago. one of these days I'll post a review there.

you did say money was no object, though. I was looking for the cheapest good solution and this did the trick for me.

-vas

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lax01 -

Where could I find the sony mount for the HS20?

I have been looking for it but so far I am unable to find it.

Thanks for your help,

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
AV Science (the forum's shop) sells them, the Chief brand...You could probably get one thru Sony too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have the chief mount with the lateral shift brackett. Works and looks great. Lateral shift bracket eased installation as you have a little leeway in horizontal placement of mount, no keystone correction needed. Very satisfied.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Could you give me the model number of these different mounts?

Thanks a lot,

·
Registered
54 Posts
RPA-2131 (Chief Manufacturing LCD Inverted Ceiling Mount)

LSB-100 (Chief Manufacturing Lateral Shift Bracket)

These are great mounts!

Eddie

·
Registered
89 Posts
I just had my HS20 installed by a professional installer using the Sony mount and according to his words "the sony mount s*cks". If I knew it would be that hard to fine tune it, I would have gone with the Chief mount. Thats my 2c...cheers all.

Alby

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am also using the Premier Mount. It was pretty easy to install and seems to be adjustablable in just about every direction. I ordered it directly from Premier Mounts but I think places like B&H Photo also sell the mount.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Folks, for about $20 and minimal effort you can build your own VERY adjustable and good looking (IMO) mount for the Sony (and probably any projector for that matter). Plus, if you ever change projectors all you will likely need to do is re-drill some holes. I agree that the Sony mount sucks, and the price is absolutely criminal. Seriously consider a DIY before spending money on a name-brand mount.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I can not do the DIY mount -

One hour of my time would pay for the mount and if I had one hour with nothing to do I'd rather sleep :)

This is just for me of course and others might want to do it themself.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
you know whats funny, my dad said the exact same thing when I told him about DIY screens...funny, he almost worded exactly like that too...heh

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Your dad is a great man :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It sounds like the Chief (RPA-2131 with a LSB-100) and the premier are the only choice for this projector.

The sony mount does no get any good review at this point - anyhow it is impossible to find apparently.

Any one else with some useful comment on mounting an HS20?

Thanks

Frederic

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I second the Peerless Vector Pro mount (PJC-173). It was the least expensive and to me seemed just as good as the Chief. The mounting plate fits perfectly and leaves good clearance between the cooling vents.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.