AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alien series. (ok, more then 3..But ranks up there)

Matrix Series.

Terminator series.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
28,087 Posts
Why R-rated?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z
Why R-rated?
Cause Star Wars owns the SCI FI market.. & it's different..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBI
Alien series. (ok, more then 3..But ranks up there)
Then why did you ask about trilogies if you're going to list non trilogies?


Just out of curiosity, what's the goal of all of these polls of yours?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry G
Just out of curiosity, what's the goal of all of these polls of yours?
Forum domination.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
okay let's see who can come up with another rated R SciFi triology not already listed above.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Wind
okay let's see who can come up with another rated R SciFi triology not already listed above.
Prophecy I, II, III

Blade I, II, III

Evil Dead I, II, III (although technically the first two were originally rated X or NC-17)

Return of the Living Dead I, II, III

Species I, II, III

Trancers I, II, III

Scanners I, II, III

Warlock I, II, III


My most anticipated trilogy for which none of them have been filmed yet: The Honor Harrington Saga by David Weber



Duane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Wind
Forum domination.
Why must you act like a jack arse..Every post I seen from you has been tainted with sarcasm & a negative vibe. If you don't like my thread don't post in it.. Forum domination?..lol right.. I been here since last yr & have around 190 post.. Guess I'm making up for lost time.. It's a forum & I'm posting threads.. Like many here, I have views & opinions & would like feedback.. If thats not for you, then you might want to ask yourself why you are posting in a forum..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBI
Why must you act like a jack arse..Every post I seen from you has been tainted with sarcasm & a negative vibe. If you don't like my thread don't post in it.. Forum domination?..lol right.. I been here since last yr & have around 190 post.. Guess I'm making up for lost time.. It's a forum & I'm posting threads.. Like many here, I have views & opinions & would like feedback.. If thats not for you, then you might want to ask yourself why you are posting in a forum..
Sarcasm is right and my opinions are freely expressed here ie feedback. Sorry we can't all be cheerleaders and sycophant to the man. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBI
Why must you act like a jack arse..Every post I seen from you has been tainted with sarcasm & a negative vibe. If you don't like my thread don't post in it.. Forum domination?..lol right.. I been here since last yr & have around 190 post.. Guess I'm making up for lost time.. It's a forum & I'm posting threads.. Like many here, I have views & opinions & would like feedback.. If thats not for you, then you might want to ask yourself why you are posting in a forum..


Dude, if you don't understand humor, you're in the wrong forum.





Stew
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,233 Posts
Robocop... Oh wait, the 3rd one was rated PG-13 probably.


Terminator series... oh wait, T3 might as well have been rated PG-13.


The Evil Dead series... was Army of Darkness rated R?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,554 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBI
Why must you act like a jack arse..Every post I seen from you has been tainted with sarcasm & a negative vibe. If you don't like my thread don't post in it.. Forum domination?..lol right.. I been here since last yr & have around 190 post.. Guess I'm making up for lost time.. It's a forum & I'm posting threads.. Like many here, I have views & opinions & would like feedback.. If thats not for you, then you might want to ask yourself why you are posting in a forum..
Yep, "sarcasm and negative vibe" pretty well nails the guy's repertoire. Someone suggested humor plays a role...eh, not so much. The author himself claims "freely expressed opinion" -- again, not so much -- unless the opinion on display is: What a lovely, yet untarnished, thread! The perfect spot for me to deposit a dump! A sample:


"Are these your own vile words of hate or is this a quote from someone else with a stick up their bum????"

Jedi_Master_Wind 4-27-05


This was the first reply in a thread I initiated which before the response consisted only of my a somewhat lengthy movie review I'd composed. Much to comment on, much to disagree with, much to offer dissenting opinion on, but in spite of a very cordial personally extended entreaty to offer anything contrary of a more productive or even opinion oriented nature, the above remained his singular offering in a thread which produced many enjoyable exchanges lasting for days and multiple thousands of words. Certainly this could be viewed as a blessing, but I will confirm that expectations of humor or even opinion may be unfounded at this time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuaneAA
Prophecy I, II, III

Blade I, II, III

Evil Dead I, II, III (although technically the first two were originally rated X or NC-17)

Return of the Living Dead I, II, III

Species I, II, III

Trancers I, II, III

Scanners I, II, III

Warlock I, II, III


My most anticipated trilogy for which none of them have been filmed yet: The Honor Harrington Saga by David Weber



Duane
You must be brain washed by the Sci-Fi Channel. :) Moveis about monsters, ghosts, and the supernatural, is NOT "Science Fiction".


Oh yeah, I almost forgot: Definately Alien. And it qualifies as a Trilogy because III doesn't count. Come to think of it, IV doesn't count either. Okay... III and IV together make "3". So that makes Alien a Trilogy. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaych
Yep, "sarcasm and negative vibe" pretty well nails the guy's repertoire. Someone suggested humor plays a role...eh, not so much. The author himself claims "freely expressed opinion" -- again, not so much -- unless the opinion on display is: What a lovely, yet untarnished, thread! The perfect spot for me to deposit a dump! A sample:


"Are these your own vile words of hate or is this a quote from someone else with a stick up their bum????"

Jedi_Master_Wind 4-27-05


This was the first reply in a thread I initiated which before the response consisted only of my a somewhat lengthy movie review I'd composed. Much to comment on, much to disagree with, much to offer dissenting opinion on, but in spite of a very cordial personally extended entreaty to offer anything contrary of a more productive or even opinion oriented nature, the above remained his singular offering in a thread which produced many enjoyable exchanges lasting for days and multiple thousands of words. Certainly this could be viewed as a blessing, but I will confirm that expectations of humor or even opinion may be unfounded at this time.
Guys this is the internet, your taking it way to seriously. If you can't deal with it, step away from the keyboards and take a walk. There is no requirement that only supportive and agreeing posts be made to a thread and all decenting opinions be omitted??? Didn't you ever catch Point Counter Point on SNL before???


The sun is still going to shine tomorrow fellas I promiss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,554 Posts
I share that I:

"...personally extended [a very cordial] entreaty to offer anything contrary of a more productive or even opinion oriented nature..."


And you respond:

"There is no requirement that only supportive and agreeing posts be made to a thread and all decenting opinions be omitted???"


Thus confirming what I already knew which was that there can be no point or point to be made in engaging you -- far from a point/counterpoint styled exchange, any point is likely to be missed altogether.

Perhaps you observed that I did not address my comments to you -- merely provided support and fair warning to others, but I see you are also framing your commentary as nothing to be taken seriously, so my intervention does in fact prove superfluous anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,740 Posts
Matrix, Terminator, then Aliens.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,926 Posts
Let me try a mathematical calculation to come up with my answer, since this is a difficult question to answer without great deliberation. Only two of the R-rated Sci-Fi trilogies rank highly for me, Alien and Terminator. As far as individual movies, the order would be Aliens, Alien, Terminator, Terminator 2, Terminator 3, Alien 3. On a scale of 10, I am going to give Aliens a 9.5, Alien a 9.25, Terminator a 9.0, Terminator 2 an 8.75, Terminator 3 a 6.0 and Alien 3 a 5.0. Oh, crap, that comes out as a tie. Alien has Sigourney Weaver in panties and that is better than Arnold's nude butt so the tiebreaker goes to Alien.


Chris
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,879 Posts
Terminator 3 has the hot Terminator though ;)


And hey, isn't there really FIVE Alien movies? You all seem to be forgetting AvP! Which would also qualify Predator as a Trilogy ;)
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top