AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Kenwood VR2080 took a dump on me and now I am in the market for a new receiver. Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best buy for the $800 to $1300 dollar price range? Let me know because right now I am looking at Rotel, Marantz, & Pioneer Elite.

Thanks for your help,

Meisterr :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
go to a specialty audio shop and listen for yourself. you're gonna get every opinion under the sun on here, but you have to be the final judge what your ears like.

some recievers in that ballpark are the Harman Kardon 525, Sony DA4ES, Denon 2803 or 3803, Onkyo TX-SR800, Yamaha RX-V2300. Pioneer 45TX.

·
Registered
92 Posts
How important is the quality of the sound? Especially two-channel sound? If its important, the best sounding receivers that I have auditioned recently include the H/k 525, the Marantz 7200, and the Outlaw. All those receivers fall comfortably into your price range... and all emphasizes sonic over features (though the 525 is unique in its ability to offer bass management for DVD-A and SACD). Other receivers that are popular include the Pioneer 45tx, the Sony DA4se, and the Onkyo 800. I haven't heard the H&K 8000 that is often discussed here, but those that have give it high marks and I believe its available inside your range.

One receiver that is truly special and fits in the upper end of your price range is the Rotel 1055. I suggest auditioning that, the H/K, and the Marantz and see which offers the sound and features that best fits your needs...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.