AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small form factor PC and I am looking for a video card with dual output, 1080i, analog, and good picture quality. I do not want to have to tweak with Powerstrip or other software. I am not sure if there is a card right out of the box that would work for me, but I thought I would throw out the question. I currently have a Power Color 9600 SE and it does not perform well with 1080i output or any output for that matter to my HDTV (CRT Rear Projection).

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have pretty much the same question. I'm interested in opinions regarding the best value video card for 1080i output. I'm not planning on using it for PVR, just to output xvid, mkv, DVD, ect from my computer to a Sony 57" rear projection set. I need HD output only, preferably with audio.

Thanks!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have two Shuttle SFFs (SB65G2 and SB75G2) running XP MCE 2005 and use nVidia 6600GT's in them. That combined with the nVidia PureVideo decoder allows perfect playback of MCE recordings at 720p and 1080i resolutions (1366x768 and 1920x1080), as well as upscaled DVDs and some 720p .MKV files. I was using a PowerColor Radeon 9800 Pro, but with PureVideo I was getting some odd color flashes. With the nVidia cards I have no such problems.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have an Gigabyte nVidia 7600GS with a passive heatsink (no fan) that works just great in my Shuttle. It has both digital (DVI) and analog (VGA or breakout component cables). It's a great card that has served me well. In fact, I am at the moment trying to sell it along with my Shuttle (SB75G2). So, if you are interested, PM with an offer if you like. Thanks...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts