AVS Forum banner

What is the best speaker brand?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
The best are whatever you are lusting after. 2nd best are what you own.
Pretty sure I nailed it.

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
The best are whatever you are lusting after. 2nd best are what you own.
Pretty sure I nailed it.
I voted Klipsch not because I believe it, but because it follows my rules, and snobs can make fun of me.:D

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
That is subjective and a lot of it is personal preference. Buy what you feel like is the best based on your max budget? There are many good brands of speakers. I own Definitely Technology and I feel like for the money they're hard to beat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
There is no best brand, even fine brands can produce a stinker.
Plus, there are so many brands, there must literally be well over 100. I think the poll missed one or two.

Reactions: Gamecock24

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,786 Posts
Better do some more research and add Revel and JBL Professional to the list.

I'd take Revel Salon2's or JBL M2's over most anything out there.
That would be Harmon Kardon. Or Samsung, now.:)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I think about it a bit differently (business guy) and would argue brand and a product within a brand are different. For example, Apple is a great brand and if they made one product with flaws does that diminish the brand substantially? I would argue "no" that you would need a series of terrible products over years to damage Apple's brand. Most would argue iPhone specs are below other leading phones; however, Apple enjoys >50% of the smartphone markets profits with

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
I didnt know that Marantz made speakers???

Reactions: DarthSabanith

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Magnepan 20.7, Martin-Logan Neolith, Sanders, Sound Lab Ultimate, Triangle Magellan, Avantgarde Trio,...that will get you started.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
It's threads like these that made me go the DIY route.

With a little research, wood glue, and clamps you can own high-efficiency speakers for a fraction of the cost of the big-boy brands.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
It's threads like these that made me go the DIY route.
With a little research, wood glue, and clamps you can own high-efficiency speakers for a fraction of the cost of the big-boy brands.
+1. Every manufacturer has to conform to the same laws of physics, and no manufacturer has access to technology that's not available to all. On top of that, there is not one manufacturer where the roost is ruled by the engineering department. Some come close, but business is business, and not even the world's best speaker, if there was such a thing, would sell if not for the marketing department. One can make a compelling argument that Bose products quite possibly have the worst price to performance ratio of any brand, but they have a huge market share due to successful marketing.

The DIY builder has no marketing concerns, nor marketing and distribution expenses, while sweat equity goes a long way in reducing costs. DIY also tends to be far more cutting edge. By and large what you see DIY doing today you might see at Best Buy in ten years or so. Or never. That sweat equity allows the DIYer to build cabs that wouldn't be practical for commercial sale, where labor costs would be prohibitive.

·
Registered
15,169 Posts
IMO, Sonus Faber. Not a great list to choose from (many excellent brands not included, making this poll pretty worthless, IMO).

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Revel... dollar for dollar and their intense testing procedures that are well known

·
Registered
8,601 Posts
The word "Best" is a subjective word and, therefore, subject to the interpretation of the speaker buyer. What is best is a speaker that fits your budget, works in your room, and sounds good to you. So, the answer is ...

1 - 20 of 129 Posts