AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent some time on this last night. To all those who know more than me, can you recommend a sub for this room. I have made several postings and the more i make the more confused i get. Any help is appreciated. Its for 95% HT, would like to stay around $1K, must look nice, WAF, she really does not like the look of the ED subs. More wood finish or black. I listen at moderate to loud levels of HT but since I live in a townhouse I must be careful.

thanks

House Model 1st Floor.pdf 148.65234375k . file

·
Registered
8,500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryounglaw /forum/post/15544555

do they have a nice wood finsihed model

What you do is pick up the phone and call Epik, (they can't be busy as the only thing you can order is the Conquest), and ask about "a nice wood finished model".

Unless you keep the volume on the sub down, there is a good chance your neighbors will be able to hear it. There is no such thing as a sub that will let you hear what you want to hear and feel, but will not affect the entire structure of your townhouse.

You should feel free to call every company you are interested in and discuss the floor plan of your townhouse, the constraints imposed by neighbors across the wall, and you listening habits.

The reps should be able to recommend a good fit for your situation.

You seem to be leaning towards the SVS PB-12 Plus. Your wife will probably like the wood finish, but it is still a pretty large box. We also know that the ~$1,200 price tag is uncomfortable for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts