AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been to many stores and all they have on is HD TV. What type of technology, RPLCD, DILA, or DLP is best at just watching regular TV? I'm aiming towards the Sony XS series...would this be a good choice for both TV and DVD?

·
Registered
16,691 Posts
It is generally accepted that the only display device that gives a DECENT image with SD material are CRT RPTV's.

The new Microdisplays don't a really great job since that is not what they were meant to display. Some do better than others, but the CRT will 'mask' the issues/problems/shortcomings of a SD signal on a HD display.

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce
It is generally accepted that the only display device that gives a DECENT image with SD material are CRT RPTV's.

The new Microdisplays don't a really great job since that is not what they were meant to display. Some do better than others, but the CRT will 'mask' the issues/problems/shortcomings of a SD signal on a HD display.
100% Agreed I have a 55" CRT and 56" DLP the CRT wins with SD...but not with HD.

·
Registered
16,691 Posts
I forgot to add, the CRT isn't the best with HD unless you like the 'film' look.

I don't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.