AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new TV later this year, and I am also a big gamer. WHat would be the best type of TV to get if it will be used primarily for games, DVD viewings, and cable TV?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Gaming, DVD Viewing and Cable TV, that sounds like pretty much everything you would use a TV for anyways besides a P.C. Monitor. The truth is there really isn't any clear cut favorite out there to meet all of your categories. You may have to prioritize them a little and decide which feature is the most the important. It kinda just sounds like your asking "what's the best TV out there" and the answer to that question is that you may get 100 different responses.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniBeast
I'm in the market for a new TV later this year, and I am also a big gamer. WHat would be the best type of TV to get if it will be used primarily for games, DVD viewings, and cable TV?
What else do people use TV's for? Making waffles?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess i should have been more clear. What i meant was that The TV would be Primarily for games, then DVD movies second priority, and then Cable last.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is still too general of a question on my part. Some of the TV"s that i looked at and liked were:

Samsung HL-R5078w and

Sony KFD-E50A10.

Do you think these TV's would be good for gaming? If not, feel free to recommend me another TV, so long as it is around 50"

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Samsung HL-R5078w

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are the Toshiba DLP's any good? The 52HMX94 looked good at ABT/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.