AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we use external scaler, what is the best way to get the optimum picture settings? (using AVIA)

Leave the projector's picture settings on the factory default and then we make adjusment in the external scaler's picture settings? Or we first calibrated the projector's picture settings without scaler (DVD straight to PJ) , connect the external scaler (DVD to scaler to PJ) and make adjusment again in the scaler's picture setting?

Looking for your advice.:)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Assuming that the projector's contrast and brightness settings are at a reasonable level.it is always better to calibrate using the source material that you will be watching. Avia via DVD player will allow better setup than using a projector's internal patterns. You want to calibrate the PJ at the scan rate that it receives from your scaler.

Good luck;),

Dave

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your advice.

I know what you mean, but what I want to ask if I have already calibrated the projector using AVIA ( assuming I don't use scaler ) and get the optimum projector's picture settings and then I'm adding scaler, will it better to leave picture settings on the projector like after calibrated, and then make adjusment in the scaler's picture settings? Or set the projector's picture settings at factory default and then make adjusment in the scaler's picture setting?:confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.