AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 52LG70 tv that has 4 HDMI inputs and a Yamaha receiver with 2 HDMI inputs. It is fine for now because I only have two devices hooked to it so I have them both in the receiver and an HDMI from the receiver to the tv. If I get more though, I would have to hook the additional HDMI's to the tv directly, but what is the best way to get the sound to the receiver? Should I hook an optical cable from the tv going to the receiver so any sound coming to the tv will be directed to the receiver? Or would it be better to run the HDMI to the tv, and maybe an optical from the device to the receiver?

· Registered
1,835 Posts
Easy one! Just get the OPPO HMDI switcher and connect your extra components to it and then to one of 663s HDMI inputs. There are cheaper switches, but the OPPO auto senses the active device and switches automatically. My solution would be to use the switch for similar devices, like a DVD player, an HD DVD player and a Bluray player. You wouldn't even have to change input assignments on the 663 as it would only see one DVD player.

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That was so simple, no wonder I didn't think of it! That optical gave me another idea I just realized though. I noticed the tv has a USB port that can play music, videos, pictures, etc. So if I run an optical from the tv to the receiver, then I should be able to hear any music I plug into the USB, right?

· Registered
18,923 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman76 /forum/post/15416786

That was so simple, no wonder I didn't think of it! That optical gave me another idea I just realized though. I noticed the tv has a USB port that can play music, videos, pictures, etc. So if I run an optical from the tv to the receiver, then I should be able to hear any music I plug into the USB, right?

No way of telling, consult the manual, or simply try it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.