AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What settings/codecs should I use to export or encode my camcorder's HD Video to in order to get the BEST HD picture on my xbox 360?

Keep in mind that I currently have Final Cut Express and Toast 9. I've done an export to quicktime from final cut express then converted the quicktime with toast using the "Xbox 360" preset. I wasn't impressed with the results.

Anyone??!!

Thanks,

TRaymond

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone?

Am I the only one trying to watch HD Videos on my Xbox 360?

Thanks in advance,

TRaymond

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
put them on your vista PC and then link said xbox to PC using media extender

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've only started to do this, but converting m2ts video format files to wmv (windows video format)I can then stream them to my xbox using windows media center.

I guess the lesson in this is to convert HD video to a format that xbox can read...

good luck....

Rick

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but my 360 could'nt see or play m2ts files, I had to convert them to wmv format using Vegas studio, then I was able to stream the wmv video to the 360.

Later, after I installed the k-lite codec pack on my vista box, the 360 could now see the m2ts files but still not play them.

On the flip side, vista mce could now see and play m2ts files(after installing the codec pack).

Now the problem I'm having is after converting 1080i 16:9 m2ts files to wmv using Vegas studio the aspect ratio doesn't look right ?!?!?

The wmv seems to be encoded at 1080i but the aspect ratio look like 1.33

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Again, I'm not trying to use my media center (although that's an option I suppose). Right now, I do my editing on a Mac and am using Connect360 to stream to the xbox 360. The software says it can stream any format that the xbox can accept (in the blades) so that means it can handle H264 encoded MP4 files as well as wmv.

Since I can't encode to wmv from my mac (easily), I'm trying to figure out the best way to create an HD mp4 h264 file without losing quality.

TRaymond

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
the quicktime encoder isn't good at all.

have you looked at mpegstreamclip? it's free, although i think that it's nothing more than regurgitated qt... run some picture quality tests.

what you want is this mac-based encoder that the manufacturer recently put into public domain... i can't think of the name of it, unfortunately :-/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts