AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For quite a while the Pioneer Elites were king of the hill in RPTVs due to their superior line doubler, among other things. I understand today's Pioneers are the electronic equivalent of the Elites of last year.

What is the current buzz? Are they still king? If so, what qualities set them apart.

Thanks.

·
Registered
912 Posts
The Mitsubishi RPTVs are very popular, though I have the Pioneer model. I am very satisfied with mine. That 73" Mitsubishi is what many people desire here.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
I like mine the best. I think I made the best choice and so do all around here. I am very happy.

Why don't we all just defend what we bought. It's gotta be the number one.

Seriously, ranking sets is very subjective. I am a dealer but I have not compared under fair comparison conditions all the good sets out there. Still from what I have seen, the Pioneer Elites are king. However, new Pioneer Elite models will be out early fall. I am sure they will be better.

By the way, the doublers in all machines really suck, including the Pioneer Elites.Try adding most any external processor and the result will surely be a substantial improvement. Just like for a plasma. The give away internal processors are awful. Most buyers do know how bad they are and do not care.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.