AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dalite's website isn't much use as far as seeing a difference. is it just case styling?

if i was going to build the screen into the ceiling is there a better dalite electric choice (ie, it can be ugly, if its less than the two mentioned above) fabric is to be high power.

thanks!

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
most of the differences relating to the Dalite electric screens are based on the size and shape of the screen casing. If i remember correctly, the Cosmo is a large and bulky case while the contour is a smaller and more eye appealing case.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Cosmopolitan has a one-piece hexagonal steel case. Contour has a two-piece curved aluminum case. Contour adds about $200 to the list price (of 110" 16x9). Da-Lite also offers electric models designed to be recessed into the ceiling. They are about $800-$1000 MORE expensive than the Cosmopolitan and Contour. All this info is from the Da-Lite website.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys!! anyone ever dealt with the following online store? they are drop shippers, but they all will be since there are so many available combos.

http://salestores.com/da79coelschd7.html

i have emailed them and asked them to confirm price including shipping...waiting for reply.

if they fall through, is there anyplace else that is priced right and reliable?

thanks again!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I know nothing about your referenced online store. If I were you , I would certainly call the AVScience store (link at the top of this page) and ask for a quote. They have very fair pricing, and you will be supporting this forum.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
As FLBoy said, the Cosmopolitan is a "standard" case...if you disected it and looked from the side, it would be flat on the back, and then in the shape of a stop sign around the bottom, opposing side and top. The Contour, taken the same way, is flat on the back, flat on the top and then a 1/4 circle on the front to the bottom, with a little "lip" at the bottom back where the material comes out.

The Contour is a bit more sleak looking if it is going to be seen.

The roller and internals are the same.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts