AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding a dish 501 to my dish 6023 system and have seen references to the two setups. I am not sure what LNBF setup I currently have. How do I tell? IF I add a 501 with current $200 offer will they let me have the other LNBF setup at no extra charge?

Thanks

------------------

Gary

STOP DVI/HDCP!

DVI/HDCP! ~= HD-DIVX!!!

DO NOT SUPPORT JVC or anyone else who supports this!

·
Registered
979 Posts
The TWIN has a monolithic, single piece LNB with two coax terminals, and a built-in 4-2 switch. The TWIN can only drive two STBs. The two-dual LNB has two individual LNBs with two coax terminals each, for a total of four, and no switches. The advantage of the two-dual setup is that it can drive more than two STBs, but it will require suitable switches.

--Gerald C

------------------
STOP DVI/HDCP!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Exactly what I was looking for.

Question: Are all of the switches weatherproof or do I need to run all of the cables to an inside mounted switch?

Thanks

------------------

Gary

STOP DVI/HDCP!

DVI/HDCP! ~= HD-DIVX!!!

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
The switches themselves are weatherproof, but not the cables going to the switches nor the power insertors for the SW44 and SW64. If you decide to put your switches outside in the weather, be sure to take appropriate measures on your cabling.

------------------

You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gary P. Gibbs:
I am adding a dish 501 to my dish 6023 system and have seen references to the two setups. I am not sure what LNBF setup I currently have. How do I tell? IF I add a 501 with current $200 offer will they let me have the other LNBF setup at no extra charge?

Thanks

Can you tell me more aboyt this $199 offer.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I thought I replyed to this.

The $199 offer includes a Dish PVR 501 installed and an upgrade to a dish 500 (if applicable). See there web site at www.dishnetwork.com

------------------

Gary

STOP DVI/HDCP!

DVI/HDCP! ~= HD-DIVX!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.