AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between a 3D movie such as "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and 3D ready TV's?

I can view 3D movies like the one above just fine on a normal plasma or lcd. So what will a 3D ready TV such as Samsungs 3D DLP's or http://www.iz3d.com/t-22monitor.aspx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Existing 3D (anaglyph) movies use red/green glasses and can be watched on any TV but the colors will be off.

A 3D ready TV will be able to view 3D movies in true color with shutter glasses. Unfortunately, no true color 3D movies or Blu-ray players are available yet.

Daniel Lang

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
One is a movie that you can enjoy until you get a headache. The other is a marketing ploy.

·
Registered
640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentsg /forum/post/16980537

One is a movie that you can enjoy until you get a headache. The other is a marketing ploy.

Both of them give me a headache! I HATE that so many new movies are coming out 3D. We have an incredible theater in the area (Cinetopia) but they always show the 3D versions rather than the 2D. Give me crisp, clear picture over gimmick any day!

My eyes don't "track" together very well. When I close my eyes my right eye drifts a bit (down and left). When my eyes are open the muscles compensate and keep things in line (except when I'm very tired then it's easy for them to drift and I have to consciously keep my vision steady). Normally this is not an issue except when the two eyes are forced to work independently (as the case with 3D technologies). When each eye is required to align two independent images to form 3D from 2D I get fatigued and a headache really quick.

Hate it, hate it, hate it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.