1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the different effect in raising lowering:

RCUT

RDRV

R-YR

i know these have to do with red but what exactly does each of these do?

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles /forum/post/16856761

first is red cut, second is red drive, third dunno what display is it?

thanks, but what exactly does each one do if i lower one as opposed to the other? and im on a sony wega trinitron (standard not HD)

· Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Cuts are for the low end of grayscale.

Drivers are for high end.

Color Decoder for Red . Likely red saturation. Use a red filter or turn other colors off when using this parameter.

regards

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael TLV /forum/post/16857064

Greetings

Cuts are for the low end of grayscale.

Drivers are for high end.

Color Decoder for Red . Likely red saturation. Use a red filter or turn other colors off when using this parameter.

regards

so would lowering the saturation put an end to that glowing red that is annoying? red is way to strong on numerous shows

· Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Yes ... but you will need to confirm with your eyes.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thanks a lot for the info, really appreciate it. ill be back to bug you if i have any more questions

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok turns out i have no R-YR in my service menu but can anyone tell me what these stand for?:

RPLU

RPLB

RPLS

appreciate anyone willing to help

· Banned
20,735 Posts
I don't remember the older sony crts, but I do recall finding some service menu lists on those if you google around.

Have you started with a basic calibration first, and do you even know if you have a red push problem? Even with a color decoder that's pushing red, if you lower saturation a little bit from the 'correct' setting viewed via blue on bars, it should be pretty satisfactory. Have you started with this yet?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.