AVS Forum banner
  • Get an exclusive sneak peek into our new project. >>> Click Here
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

What is the difference?

1032 Views 6 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Kr8z1
Well, these two sammy plasmas. Can't seem to find anything on the net to suggest these differ in any way, except the vast amount of negligible descriptions given...

http://www.pcrush.com/prodspec.asp?l...659&refid=1050

and

http://www.pcrush.com/prodspec.asp?l...972&refid=1050

i really have no clue as to what separates these two (other than 200 dollars)

thanks much

-jl
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
i think those are old models, maybe 2 years or more??

the latest till the new models are released is the hp s6373
It's Samsung's most recent professional line. My guess is that the M5H is the 2005 line and the M6H is the 2006 line. Both are 768p. Neither come with stands or speakers. Or HDMI inputs. But they have multi-display modes if you wanted to buy 9 or 16 of them and stack them up!

Definitely don't look designed for home use. And it doesn't look like they're trying too hard; street prices on the M6H are only a few hundred dollars lower than you can find the 2007 model 1080p T6374 from at least one of the forum sponsors.

Here are the specs on the PPM63M6H if you're still interested: http://www.samsung.com/Products/Larg...Specifications
See less See more
yeahh that's what i thought

I think ill be getting the 6h then (since it is the "newest") I will be using a stereo for sound so that doesn't matter (the clea simple design is what i LOVE)

BTW it needs to fit in a 38.5 By 64.5 X 3.5 in deep cubby hole. I will be using some coor changing leds or just ropelight as a bias light, with clean edges. (because the tv lets about 1.5-2" on all sides)

I might do a picture frame...who knows

and finally, is there anything about these panels that i should be worried about. I mean the professional series's usually resists burn in better, has better lifetime (??) and other things any constant-on company would want.

would this still deliver the resolution and picture quailty for sports and lightweight moves (will be viewing 13' back)

doesn't need to be perfect, but it seems like they are with the 10.000:1 contrast ratio

what are the differences other than no speakers and "paring" ability?
See less See more

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcool007 /forum/post/0

and finally, is there anything about these panels that i should be worried about. I mean the professional series's usually resists burn in better, has better lifetime (??) and other things any constant-on company would want.

Are these Professional models or Commercial models? Or is that one in the same? Commercial models typically do not have the extras that consumer models do, like obiwanfong stated. They usually don't have built in tuners, speakers, etc. Regardless, they don't have any better protection against BI or longer lifetime. They usually use the same panel as consumer models and are a stripped down version.
ok so i guess the 6h would be perfect for my usage as i do not use the tv's spekers anyways...

these panels have brightness, contrast, ect.... so i guess i'm set, right? ( i mean, i don't need all the bells and whistles anyways.)

im still getting the same picture and performance..so i don't see what's to lose (it will look sick in the subby hole tho.) ill try to get up some pictures of this hole im talking about
I think I'd look sick if I was in a subby hole too
See less See more
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.