AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what the latest word is? I hear japan will be selling the 500 as of oct 10..is that the case? Im looking for a projector this month or oct and im trying to find out how long i will need to hold out...

·
Registered
789 Posts
Many dealers in Japan, both online and brick and mortar, are already taking pre-orders for both the Z2, AE500 and the Sony HS20. It will be interesting to see how the stock situation holds up for these PJs. I'm holding off until I can actually see the three of them side-by-side. I hope there isn't too much of a backorder situation by then.

·
Registered
233 Posts
according to the two japanese sites the sayno Z2 will be released in oct 23 in japan. It goes by name LP-Z2 there.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'm holding off for a AE300 vs AE500 comparison, so that I can decide wether its worth upgrading. If its noticably better I pray I won't have to wait for several months for a unit...

·
Registered
266 Posts
1st Quarter 2004 for USA release I'm told.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Sorry....for the 500. Haven't heard anything about the Z2.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So, the AE500 is slated for Q1 2004.. And, when is the Z2 scheduled for release in North America?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I contacted the U.S. internet retailer that I bought my Z1 from, and was told that they cannot comment on price or availability until the Z2 has been "announced" in an official press release - this will happen sometime in October. I guess that demonstrations of a working product, such as the CEDIA display, count as "sneak peeks".

Whatever.

·
Registered
23,188 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Shedrock
I guess that demonstrations of a working product, such as the CEDIA display, count as "sneak peeks".
From what the guys at CEDIA said it sounds like that would fit. They were hoping it would be released by Thanksgiving.

--Darin

·
Registered
753 Posts
Hi All

I just talked to a pretty reliable source today that stated the AE500

was slated for release in the US the end of April

On a side note a little birdie wispered in my ear that a Studio Experience

version of the Z-2 is probable around or before the first of the year

Please dont push for details that is all I can say

Cheers

·
Registered
945 Posts
^^^ Then Panasonic had better not expect anybody to wait... that's a LONG time between announcing a product and delivering it.

Thank goodness for exporters and importers!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.