AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to finally purchase a TV after researching for months and I pretty much have it down to the Samsung A650/750 LCD - whichever one pops up at a better price point first.

I've also been doing some light research on plasma figuring things out ETC. I'm in a dark basement so I don't really deal with the negatives of LCD. However, i'm considering purchasing a new vehicle soon and if I can save $500 and get a plasma... I might consider it. Jumping from a 25" CRT anything is going to be wicked nice.

So i'm curious what exactly are the mainstream "best" plasmas atm. I'm aware pioneers are the way to go.. but the model numbers have me confused. 50" below $1500. I go to amazon to research but I really don't know what i'm looking at.

BTW this is 85% for watching movies and 15% SD televison.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
In a basement where light can be controlled..plasma is the only way to go imo. You can snag a nice 1080p Panasonic or Samsung 50" plasma for under $1500. The Panasonics would be TH-50PZ80U / TH-50PZ85U but I'm not sure about Samsung model numbers.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Usually the bigger the number the later the model. In a basement I would try for at least a 58" panny which can be had for about $2700.

The prices of cars will fall faster than these flat panels as people will be staying home more

1 - 3 of 3 Posts