AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, my very first post here. :)

Read over a few threads here, very interested in HT. My dad and I started building our new home and will hopefully be done within 6 months. And in the lower level, I think there is a nice spot for a HT room. The dimensions go as followed: 16'8" X 17'6" x 9'

Also I'd like to note there will be no windows there and the room will be surrounded by concrete walls on all sides to the ceiling. I dunno what effect this will have if any, but thought I'd mention it.

Well my main concern is the size of this room. 17'6" seems rather small for me, most people here from what I saw have an excess of 20ft in length. I'd like to know how big the projected image can be. Naturally I'd like it as big as possible and don't know what is the main factor in that, let it be distance or projector.

Major newbie in this field, just spent my last 2 hours reading about HT and viewing some pics, I'm impressed. :)

·
Registered
24,883 Posts
AMD Soldier,

You have a nice size room. In some ways the added width is an asset for seating options. With say an eight to nine foot wide screen you could have two rows of seats and have room behind the second row for rear surrounds and that ceiling height makes the PJ mounting above with few issues. More length might be desirable but certainly not a problem with the amount you have.

Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.