AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we ran through this discussion last week but tonight's show doesn't look much better than the Fox 480P picture.

I know there's been some discussion of the video recording method, but the PQ on HDNet is far superior, and I assume it's done with the lower-resolution Sony portable HD cams.

If this show is HD of the future, then I think CBS is going in the wrong direction.

Rick

·
Registered
585 Posts
I was wondering if our local station had forgotten to switch, but evidently CBS has forgotten to switch. This happens sometimes when some sporting event runs late. The engineers go to sleep at the switch. And you are correct, not only is it not in HD the quality is not even up to par for non HD.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Many stations do not have HD recording capability, so if they stay late for a sports feed, they can't use the recording to provide the complete show in HD later.

Mike

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by cpto
I know we ran through this discussion last week but tonight's show doesn't look much better than the Fox 480P picture.

I know there's been some discussion of the video recording method, but the PQ on HDNet is far superior, and I assume it's done with the lower-resolution Sony portable HD cams.

If this show is HD of the future, then I think CBS is going in the wrong direction.

Rick
The show appears to be purposely done by some misguided director with a "soft" effect, either optically with adaptors for the camera lenses or electronically.

Likely it is the result of some idiot thinking HD looks "too real" in an attempt to give it a particular look. Regardless, it sucks.

·
Premium Member
Sony XBR-65A1E, Denon 3400, B&W
965 Posts
Don't know if this is related to our complaints about the look of the show but there appears to be internal troubles on Max. The ratings have been disappointing. Bickford

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.