AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm looking to purchase the "Mitsubishi WD60738 60" this week. I'm trying to get feedback from owners or people who view this brand/make. Also, do you know anyone/or yourself...who played XBoX, PS3 or Wii on this model and how was the quality of playing the games. I'm concern about the Screen Refresh Rate 60hz and the Sub-Frame Rate 120hz.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I went thro the same questions about a month ago. I have had my 60738 for about 4 weeks and I love it. I have only really used it for netflix, PS3 and Xbox. I have actually been playing better on this tv then I did my older Vizio. For the size, 3D, and everything else I couldn't find a better tv or deal. Have about 300 hours on the set and everything is working fine..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsinart /forum/post/19644750

I went thro the same questions about a month ago. I have had my 60738 for about 4 weeks and I love it. I have only really used it for netflix, PS3 and Xbox. I have actually been playing better on this tv then I did my older Vizio. For the size, 3D, and everything else I couldn't find a better tv or deal. Have about 300 hours on the set and everything is working fine..

So, how is the quality of the game playing? I'm not talking about 3d playing but regular HD PS3 playing.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just got an email from TigerDirect...they have a few open box of this model for $599.

·
Registered
44 Posts
had a 60735 and it was flat out 60hz and it was great with my 360 on HDMI

on L4D & L4D2 during fast motions(continued spinning) it got a little sketchy. but under normal play it was good.

And I don't even know what a sub-framerate is....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by marabunta /forum/post/19644851

Just got an email from TigerDirect...they have a few open box of this model for $599.

Yes, I received the same email last night and that's the reason why I was asking about the quality of game play. I went ahead and purchased the "Mitsubishi WD60738 60" bundle, last night. Which came up to $699/with the tv stand. I been buying from Tiger Direct for five years now and I never had an issues with them but I never purchased an open item from there. I usually receive my items within two days from them...I'll provide feedback once I receive the item. I also purchased the internet adapter. I'll wait on the 3D Kit and I hope to find a sell soon.

My brother have an older model Mitsubishi 65" but without the EXTRA'S, I'll be receiving. His Blu-ray movie/game play is great. I have to say better than the big screen LCD Models that's out.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKRYDE /forum/post/19647903

Yes, I received the same email last night and that's the reason why I was asking about the quality of game play. I went ahead and purchased the "Mitsubishi WD60738 60" bundle, last night. Which came up to $699/with the tv stand. I been buying from Tiger Direct for five years now and I never had an issues with them but I never purchased an open item from there.

I bought one yesterday for $599 too.It's coming freight and I'm waiting for them to call and schedule delivery.I'm worried about the open box thing as well.It was sort of an impulse buy because it was so cheap.Let's hope that old saying wont hold true in our case!
(fingers crossed)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenthx /forum/post/19648262

I bought one yesterday for $599 too.It's coming freight and I'm waiting for them to call and schedule delivery.I'm worried about the open box thing as well.It was sort of an impulse buy because it was so cheap.Let's hope that old saying wont hold true in our case!
(fingers crossed)

Yes, keep our fingers cross. Please provide feedback...once you test your tv. I'll do the same.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Received my 60738 yesterday from Tiger Direct.Wow! What an awesome deal!

I've come to the conclusion some people on this board would nick pick ANY TV to death.All the negative things I've read about this TV are total non-issues for me.

1.SSE- It is noticeable... IF YOU ARE SITTING TWO FEET FROM THE SCREEN

2.FAN NOISE-finally heard it when I stuck my head behind the TV

3.HDMI-no issues with sony bluray player and xbox 360 connected straight to TV.

4.RAINBOWS (RBE)- If I shook my head rapidy from side to side I could sometimes see them.Shouldn't be an issue unless you have Tourette's Syndrome.

5.GEOMETRY-Mine was a little off so I entered service mode and loaded geometry from backup...presto! PERFECT GEOMETRY!!!!

6.I thought the sound was rather good in our small living room.

7.PQ -some of you guys will laugh...My wife and I agree it looks better in BRILLIANT (torch mode) NATURAL was way too dull.Yes,I'm sure it's over saturated with orange crush (joking),but we feel the bright colors make the picture look more 3 dimensional along with making the blacks look blacker.

8. VIEWING ANGLE- As long as you are generally in front of the TV you are fine.Is there any other way you'd want to watch TV????

Ok,there is one negative thing I did notice.1080i does look kinda crappy compared to my Samsung 46'' LCD. We only have a couple HD channels over the air as our cable provider sucks and doesn't offer any,so for me it's not an issue.Maybe there is a way to make it look better?

Anyway,I just wanted to post this for people waiting for their sets or thinking of buying one.I WOULD NOT PAY FULL MSRP FOR THIS TV.

For $1299 you can almost buy a 60'' LCD.However,for under $1000 it cannot be beat!

I'm gonna go watch TV now.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenthx /forum/post/19684643

For $1299 you can almost buy a 60'' LCD.However,for under $1000 it cannot be beat!

I find that hard to believe

·
Registered
669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allenthx /forum/post/19684643

For $1299 you can almost buy a 60'' LCD.

Yes you can buy a 60" Sharp LCD TV and that picture looks like junk. After that, the tv prices go up to about $2000 for a 60" TV. That is only size based. I'll gladly take the faster response time, non-blurring picture, 3D capable, Rear projection anyday. Well at least until the front projection 3D ready projectors come down in price.

It is true that the 60" is probably closest in price to LCD in the line up, but the 65" and up is where the real savings are. But glad you are happy with the TV and that is one heck of a deal, I would of bought one for my bedroom for that price.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Update: So I am having HDMI issues when streaming Netflix via Xbox 360.When you stop a movie in order to go back to the menu the TV just goes blank.Only restarting the xbox fixes.My solution was to just use component for the xbox.The sony bluray player is fine watching dvd's/blurays via HDMI.

Not a big deal since I paid $599.I would have been upset had I paid $1299.

I guarantee I could find a 60'' LCD for that price.Not for retail,but an open box/floor model.

Just saying,theses TV's are a little quirky and have moving parts which may need adjustment unlike most flat panels.

I think the average "Best Buy" consumer would not wont to fool with it.

Of course that same consumer usually pays retail so I guess the whole argument is a mute point!

For the price nothing can touch DLP!

Also,movies look much better than on my Samsung LCD.More....movie like???? I guess it's because DLP is projection so I don't feel like I'm watching a big computer monitor!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.