AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at a loss. I have a membership to both Netflix and Blockbuster online, and am having a serious issue with actually receiving BluRay movies from BB. Netflix has been 100% accurate, I add a BluRay movie to my que, I receive a BluRay movie in the mail.

BB, on the other hand, likes to send me regular DVD's. I specifically sort movies by BluRay (click on the BluRay section on the genre sorter) add them to my que, and lo-and-behold they ship me a regular DVD. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

My que, even after adding a movie from the BluRay section, doesn't necessarily say BluRay on every movie. So I guess my question is how do I specify BluRay movies? I would think that adding them from the friggin BluRay section would be enough.

So far, out of the 12 movies I've received from BB (all were added from the BluRay section) only ONE of them has actually been the BluRay version.

Help.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I was just about to sign up for BBOnline over Netflix. I like the idea of being able to trade in movies locally.

·
Registered
711 Posts
funny that you mention this problem as I have had the same problem at work using my pc...it seems to me like its a web browser or cookies problem, because at home using the newest version of IE it works fine, and at work using a way out dated version of IE it will sometimes puts SD versions of movies in HD spots.

your que needs to look like this

Batman (HD) or (Blu Ray)

not

Batman (ws)

even if you click on the HD or Blu Ray movie in the HD section they will only send you what ever version it says in ( )

so I would try to update your browser or delete all of your cookies. otherwise you could e-mail BB and see what they say, I tried that and got some generic response. so good luck

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmlm13 /forum/post/0

Netflix is way better. I had about 20 movies in queue at Blockbuster and only 1 was available, so I canceled it.

I'm not so sure it has to do with the non-availability of BluRay titles. I can't seem to figure out how to actually add the BluRay version to my que. I've seen a screenshot (from someone on this forum) and all of their titles say (BluRay) beside them. Not mine, despite adding the titles from the BluRay section.

I'm adding them from here:

BluRay

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

·
Registered
347 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshmerick /forum/post/0

I am at a loss. I have a membership to both Netflix and Blockbuster online, and am having a serious issue with actually receiving BluRay movies from BB. Netflix has been 100% accurate, I add a BluRay movie to my que, I receive a BluRay movie in the mail.

BB, on the other hand, likes to send me regular DVD's. I specifically sort movies by BluRay (click on the BluRay section on the genre sorter) add them to my que, and lo-and-behold they ship me a regular DVD. I don't know what I'm doing wrong here.

Click on the Blu Ray section on the genre sorter like you have been doing.

Do NOT add the movie to your queue from this page. Instead, click on the "Read More" link in the movie summary or on the picture of the desired movie itself.

Click on the rightmost tab labeled "All Editions."

Find the desired format of the movie (DVD, HDDVD or BD) and then add the movie in the desired format to your queue. Verify in your queue that "[Blu-ray]" follows the title of the movie you just added.

There may be a faster way but this has worked for me 100% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshmerick /forum/post/0

My que, even after adding a movie from the BluRay section, doesn't necessarily say BluRay on every movie. So I guess my question is how do I specify BluRay movies? I would think that adding them from the friggin BluRay section would be enough.

So far, out of the 12 movies I've received from BB (all were added from the BluRay section) only ONE of them has actually been the BluRay version.

Help.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I have not had this problem -- many blu-ray's are "not yet availalle", but my q shows the movies as blu-ray and has not shipped the regular version.

If you go to Collections and then Blu-Ray, you can see all the blu-ray movies (and only the blu-ray movies). This is where I go to add them. If it doesn't show blu-ray after the title in your Q, you have not selected the right version.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
i like the idea of BB to exchange DVD locally but there Blu-Ray collection is horrible and out of 15 Blu-ray movies that I added to the queue none were available and most of them had "long wait". So I signed up with Netflix and they had 90% of the blu-ray in stock and not only that....I received my first 2 movies in 2 days.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by guamster /forum/post/0

Click on the Blu Ray section on the genre sorter like you have been doing.

Do NOT add the movie to your queue from this page. Instead, click on the "Read More" link in the movie summary or on the picture of the desired movie itself.

Click on the rightmost tab labeled "All Editions."

Find the desired format of the movie (DVD, HDDVD or BD) and then add the movie in the desired format to your queue. Verify in your queue that "[Blu-ray]" follows the title of the movie you just added.

There may be a faster way but this has worked for me 100% of the time.

Wow, thank you! I knew something was up...wonder why BB makes it so difficult to select the BluRay format? I mean, the sorter says BluRay for pete's sake, and when you add it using the button on that page, it dumps the regular DVD in your cart. Sneaky.

From now on, I'll go through all the steps just to get the BluRay disc!

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Go with Netflix.

I too liked they trade in locally idea. But what good is it if BB does not have a good supply of discs. I cancelled BB after two days of nothing available.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
As of now I can't recommend Blockbuster as an online rental service if availability of blu-ray (or HD DVD) is a priority to you. Netflix is certainly better. I could show a screenshot of my queue where roughly 20 movies are all showing, 'long wait', 'short wait', 'coming soon' ect, but I'm sure everyone gets the idea.

It's fine for DVD rentals, but pass on it for high definition disks at this time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.