AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a panny RP72 (I think) DVD player. (it's the one with the mirrored front, 5 disk version)

I've enagled progressive scan on the internal menus, and there is a button on the front of the player to actually activate it.

However every time I hit the button while the projector is on, I get a blue screen. Occassionally the image will flash briefly up on the screen, but for the most part, nothing. If I go into the menus and manually select 720p, I once got the image on the screen, but the lower half of the image was a freeze frame of gobbledy ****.

If I turn off progressive, a few seconds later the projector comes back with a picture.

I'm using the component cables, they're long at 30feet, but good quality.

I found this to be an issue on a X1 we tried playing on my dvd player, at the Austin Shootout. It did the same thing, and couldn't display a picture. At the time we blamed the projector, but now I'm inclined to blame the DVD player.

Everything else on the DVD player functions perfectly, and the thing is pretty damn new. Any ideas on what could be causing this? It dosen't make a lot of sense that that would be the only thing messed up on the player and have good video from every other connection/setting.

I'm stumped.

-Jason W

·
Registered
904 Posts
or...just leave it on "auto"...

·
Registered
222 Posts
if your pj is not set up as mentioned by bizkit and breakstuff it may be the source material you are putting in the dvdp. i may be wrong, but i once remember having a similar problem and i believe it was due to the dvd not being progressive - eg. it was interlaced.

btw - i was using an rp-82 with Z1

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.