AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27,978 Posts
Is this only on DVD material or on everything. What type of television do you have?

Are you using the component video cables for DVD? Perhaps your red connection has broken. I would suggest replacing the cable and seeing what happens. I don't think a "filter" is going to do anything for you. There is something else going on here.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the DVD player RP 82 Connected to the Video Filter [max] and that DVD player is using Component to the wega tv ........inputing into the Composite video filter and output Composite to the HS2 to make copies of the vacations DVDR... which I will not go through putting tapes after tapes to create the DVDR. The HS2 is connected to the TV on composite on Video 1 while the RP82 is Video 3 - Component. During play and record... Video 3 of the RP 82 shows all greenish tone but the HS2 connected to the TV on Video 1 is fine.. but recording and playing back does not show the green images...... I believe I had followed Max directions quite clearly. Ideas or suggestions ?

·
Registered
27,978 Posts
You lost me on some of that. Does the Video Filter have a setting for switching between RGB or YPbPr? If so, switch to YPbPr.

There is a small possibility that this could be the problem.

Maybe somebody else is more familiar with your components?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Why are you using a Filter if you are just dubbing vacation video dvd-r's to the HS2? Hmm...

You need to be more clear on the input/output designations if you want help (that is, are Video 1 and 3 TV inputs or HS2 inputs or a combination of both).

In any event, from what I can decipher, if you have the component output of the RP82 going directly into the TV (via the TV's Video 3 input?) and your recordings are ok but the RP82 video direct to the TV (and not via the HS2 feed) is greenish, then the video filter is not causing the problem. Most likely, the problem lies with your component video cables. Ensure they are high quality, shielded component cables and that they are undamaged and are fully plugged in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.