AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed some of my HD channels jumping and running jittery. HDNet Movies The Left-Handed Gun and Flap are doing it, HBO's Hunt for Red October and HDNET's Red Bull diving and Flugtag are not.

Is it HDNet and their 3-2 film encoding? Is it the movie providers or broadcasters or satellite?

DishNetwork > Model 6000 720p > Samsung DLP is the path to video life.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
OK, it does it via VGA or Component 720p, but not 1080i component. Looks like the 6000 isn't doing 3-2 pulldown correct in 720p or can't scale 1080i>720p or some other weird reason. Anyone see this too or is my 6000 receiver a bit screwy?

·
Registered
13,531 Posts
gpflepsen,

Did you enter the adjust menu and click a few ticks to the left or right?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I noticed this also in the opening scenes of Red October and then it stopped. I think it is a DishNet/6000 problem. I was halfway through the dialing the CS number when it stopped.

·
Registered
862 Posts
My 6000u was in 720p when I was getting the jitters on HDNET Movies.

Switched to 1080i and no more jitters.

I have a Samsung DLP.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also have this problem using 6000 (720p) --> Samsung DLP via component. I have done the picture adjustment in the past, but not recently. I'd only seen this occasionally on HDnet Movies, but also saw it on HDnet (normal) last night.

I'll try switching to 1080i output on the 6000. But then I'll have to deal with the 6000 upconverting the native 720p for ESPN and Monday Night Football to 1080i, just to have the Samsung move it back to 720p! Has anyone compared the output quality between the 6000 doing the resampling vs. the TV (in my case the Sammy DLP) doing it?

What effect will the DVI output have on this? Will the 921 be able to output the native rate of the broadcast over DVI? Or will we have to decide on 720p vs. 1080i like now with the 6000?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.