AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning!

So, I'm experiencing an odd artifact on my TV: It's a Toshiba flat panel LED with "Colorstream HD" component channels.

When I hook my PS3 up to the TV using component cables and set the resolution to HD, I get shadowing on the screen; Ghostly images can be seen offset of the real image. For example, when you look at white text on a dark screen, you can see a ghostly letter to the right of the original letter. Needless to say this ruins the picture quality.

Thankfully I can use HDMI for my high resolutions 99% of the time; the component cables are only here for specific purposes that need to be done at SD, at which this artifact doesn't occur.

I've tried changing where the PS3 is pluged in, changing settings, reseating the cables, jiggling, and even playing with a bit of tinfoil. Nothing affects the issue.

·
Registered
12,983 Posts
Why would you need to use component at all?? I'm confused.

Sorry, but I have no answers for your problem.

·
Banned
680 Posts
Good morning!

So, I'm experiencing an odd artifact on my TV: It's a Toshiba flat panel LED with "Colorstream HD" component channels.

When I hook my PS3 up to the TV using component cables and set the resolution to HD, I get shadowing on the screen; Ghostly images can be seen offset of the real image. For example, when you look at white text on a dark screen, you can see a ghostly letter to the right of the original letter. Needless to say this ruins the picture quality.

Thankfully I can use HDMI for my high resolutions 99% of the time; the component cables are only here for specific purposes that need to be done at SD, at which this artifact doesn't occur.

I've tried changing where the PS3 is pluged in, changing settings, reseating the cables, jiggling, and even playing with a bit of tinfoil. Nothing affects the issue.
It's called Ghosting

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
I don't know about PS3, but my Wi only has 480 output resolution using component cables, 1080 using HDMI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's called Ghosting
Thank you very much! Know that I know the name, I was able to figure out what was causing the ghosting. It was the Red/White Audio cables; you have to stick them together to get of reflection issues.

Why would you need to use component at all?? I'm confused.

Sorry, but I have no answers for your problem.
It has to do with playing retro games. Software issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts