AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Complete technology novice. This wall socket links up to the inbuilt speakers in the room and the overhead projector. We are trying to connect an iphone/laptop to the in built speakers to play music out loud (don't need video). What is the best method to do this? Can someone tell me what the plug on the right is, the black and red one (image is upside down)?

Charlotte :)

Attachments

·
Registered
865 Posts
The last connector is a Speakon connector. You can't go directly from IPhone or IPad to speakers, they don't have enough power. You can either go with a receiver with Bluetooth capability for the input and connect the receiver speaker output to the Speakon connector. Or go with the iPad/iPhone headphone jack to RCA to receiver.

I hope there is another panel like this one, because it looks like only one channel. The iPhone/iPad output is stereo, so needs two speakers.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
The last connector is a Speakon connector.
I don't see a Speakon. From left to right are 1/4", RCA and two D connectors.

Reactions: ChromeJob

·
Registered
5,224 Posts
Looks like VGA (computer, very old fashioned), RS232 serial (for what, I can't imagine), yellow RCA composite video to the projector (very old tech), and an I-dunno-WTF that is. If you could unscrew that mysterious black thing from the plate (or the whole plate) and shows us the back side of it...? Looks like one of those proprietary multiple conductor connector thingies, but not standard (for today). Overall, looks antique compared to today's HDMI and TOSlink standards.

[removed]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts