AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, first time post!

I joined specifically so I could ask if anyone knows what kind of adapter / bracket is on the bottom of this projector? The projector is an old JVC DLA-HD550.

I was just considering a ceiling mount, and I was exploring the configuration of the projector when I realized this plate is not part of the projector, but was added at some point in the past. It has 'SLB 233' printed on it, but no other markings I can find.

Does having this plate make a difference when shopping for a mount? Am I "halfway there"? Or still start from scratch?

Thanks,
Marshall

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,207 Posts
The downpole for that projector mount is a standard threaded black pipe and you can get in just about any length at Home Depot and spray paint black. The Chief system is in my opinion the best. With the custom solid steel adapter plate shown in the first picture it is the most stable of mounting systems I've personally used.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
My LS10500 came with one, even has a lock with keys. Screen top edge alignment never been easier, just grab the mounted PJ and bend the frame:)

·
RETIRED theater builder
35,207 Posts
My LS10500 came with one, even has a lock with keys. Screen top edge alignment never been easier, just grab the mounted PJ and bend the frame:)
That is acceptable for small adjustments but you should use a bubble level on most projectors to get it dead level and perpendicular to the screen, then use lens shift to move the image onto the screen. Tilting a projector up and down will introduce keystoning. The top and bottom of the image will be different widths.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, thanks for the replies everyone! Pretty stoked to discover what it is. Robbyc30 I will PM you about the mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts